Friday, November 16, 2012

Home Improvement #2 "Autumn's Room"

Autumn helping seal floor boards

1/4" ACX plywood ripped to 4" boards

Getting started

Kilzing the floor

I always had willing helpers

But sometimes Dad needed to work alone

Starting the pattern

Floorboards in, baseboards next

Safety first

Walls and floor painted

Amy adds the pink

Closet organizer going in

Finished room

Closet still needs trimmed out, but functional

Autumn trying out the new digs




Replacing the carpets in all the bedrooms has been the next big project. Autumn's room was first. The floor replacement morphed into a total re-do. The floor boards were made out of 1/4 plywood. Amy designed the paint scheme. We still need to install new trim around the doors and window, someday tackle the popcorn ceiling (whoever thought that was a good idea? ), and Amy wants to do some more decorating but for now the girls seem to be enjoying their "new" room. Next project: master bedroom floors.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Amazing! On the photos it looks so easy to do by my self :D But I know that I would stuck on the first step :) Good Work! I'm up to creating my apartment and decided to not doing by my self, but It would be nice so... Bathroom Basins even with choosing the basins we stuck so much too many to choose from, 6 months and haven't done the project yet...