Thursday, February 3, 2011

Eden



Your righteousness is like the mighty mountains,
your justice like the ocean depths.
You care for people and animals alike, O Lord.
How precious is your unfailing love, O God!
All humanity finds shelter
in the shadow of your wings.
You feed them from the abundance of your own house,
letting them drink from your river of delight. - Psalm 36:6-8

Indeed, the LORD will comfort Zion; He will comfort all her waste places. And her wilderness He will make like Eden, And her desert like the garden of the LORD; Joy and gladness will be found in her, Thanksgiving and sound of a melody. -Isaiah 51:3


Eden of course is the Garden of God. Paradise. Eden means delight and pleasure. It symbolizes unbroken relationship between God and man. And the more I researched these names, the more intertwined I found the themes of trees, rivers, and Eden. They can scarcely be separated.

Cedar Caelyn-Eden:
Tree of Life, River of Life, Loved Forever, our pleasure and our delight.

4 comments:

Angie said...

I keep thinking I need to write a comment, but I'm not sure how to respond. My thoughts and comments don't seem quite up to par on such a thoughtful and beautiful name.

Fullcurl said...

Thanks Angie. That is a really nice comment.

Anonymous said...

"Tree of Life, River of Life, Loved Forever..." Someday, when she's older, I think it's awesome that your baby girl will be able to read this and know how much she is loved.

Names are significant. I'm glad she has such a strong, meaningful name.

Fullcurl said...

Thanks Sally, yep totally agree that names are very important. We've put a lot of thought into our girls names. I think of them as a kind of blessing over them.