Wednesday, March 4, 2009

It's the end of the world as we know it


And I couldn't be happier about it. Autumn greeted us in person for the first time yesterday March 3, 2009 at 7:10pm. Mom and baby are doing great. I've never been more proud of Amy. She worked hard for 19 hours to birth Autumn. She weighs 7 lbs 6 oz (That's 3,332 grams or 51,421 grains for all you re-loaders out there), and is 1' 8.75" tall. She has a full head of brown hair and all the right appendages in all the right places. My heart is full like I've never known before. For more go to www.flickr.com/photos/steveamyautumn. I'll try to get some more family photos (don't miss the link to the left) up soon. Thanks for all the prayers.

"My soul exalts the Lord and my spirit has rejoiced in God my Savior. For the Mighty One has done great things for me and Holy is his name." -Luke 1:46-47 & 49

7 comments:

Sally said...

Congratulations guys! She's totally a keeper! I love all that hair. :) Thanks for putting up some pics.

fishinpox said...

good thing she broke the 20" mark or you would have had to release her.

The Mad Fishicist said...

what a lunker! (can the fishing metaphors ever end?)

can't wait to meet her.

Phil said...

Angie shared the news with us at Ethnos Church, so we were praying along with you, as the story unfolded. Thank God! Congratulations!

Angie said...

regarding 085

Isn't it amazing how they look at you and know you so quickly. There is already a trust. They know that you are the person who will be there and care for them.

In a month or two that knowledge will be stronger than ever. You will be in a room of many and she will hear your voice and follow you with her eyes as you walk across the room, because you are her daddy. Then, before you know it, she will be reaching for you and calling you da-da. Or ma-ma. She may be a little confused at times and call you both one or the other.

Anyway, I am excited that my first niece has arrived. She's a cutie.

Congrats!!!!!

Elise said...

I am so excited for you. I wish I could bring you a meal and hold your sweet, sweet girl. I will pray for you all tonight. Thank you, Jesus for dear Autumn.

alaskahdgirl said...

I thank You too Dear Lord for sending sweet, sweet Autumn to Amy & Steve. She totally scored on her parents. I look to You Lord & rejoice as I see Amy, Steve and Autumn, Ketchikan, Craig, bugs and beasts, for the wisdom and grace and honor You have given them all. Thank You for Your beauty we who know You see in all things.