Thursday, June 26, 2014

Family Fishing Day

The salmon where in so we packed up the nets and headed out to stock some sockeye. A side trip to a nearby lake yielded Cedar her first fish.

Autumn helps dad dipnet for salmon.
Cedar was ready with her net too.
Autumn landed the first cutthroat.
Then it was Cedar's turn. Fish on!
"Look, I'm doing it myself!"
Keep that line tight!
Cedar and her first lunker.
No fear of the slimy fish.
"Dad, this fish is really flippy!"
No fish were harmed in the making of these memories.
That's no fish, but it is slimy. No fear.
Lake art by God, photographed by Amy.













2 comments:

Paul Revere said...

Hey I am in Alaska and hunt everything. I am just now getting into sheep hunting and want to do what you did shooting a sheep in every range on foot from the road. I live in Soldotna and fish/hunt all species. I shot a nice 6.5ft blackbear in the mountains off the road system it was epic. I called it in with my predator call. I am a sheep newbie and I mean preschooler when it comes to them. I am thinking about doing a hunt this year from the road but do not know where to start. Email me at robert.mcrorie@gmail.com or try me on Facebook.

Fullcurl said...

www.provingtrailadventures.com or google "Lace 'em Up sheep hunting"