Monday, July 1, 2013

Recent Text Conversation

This conversation recently took place after Amy's weekend away with the gals while I watched the kids:

[on the phone]:
Amy: Where are the rest of the muffins that were in the freezer?
Steve: We ate them all while you were gone.
Amy: (Slightly annoyed), oh, um, okay.

[switch to texting]:
Steve: 12 muffins for 3 people over 4 days is not unreasonable.
Amy: My unspoken expectation was that they be eaten once for (a) breakfast, not finished off by snacking.

Steve: So far today I have eaten zero muffins...
Amy: But you could have if they'd been left in the freezer and you hadn't had a snack attack.
Steve: We all ate them over the weekend. There was no muffin fest.
Amy: Yes, Autumn just informed me. Good to know.
Steve:For lunch I got 6 muffins and Autumn and Cedar got 3 each.
Steve: Muffin micro-manager. They were drying out anyway.
Amy:Yes, you're right.
Steve: I'm saving that text for future reference.

Amy:Well, note I didn't apologize.
Steve: Well you know what unforgiveness does for you. Let go of your muffin bitterness. 
Amy: I'm not bitter, just judgmental.
Steve:Why are you always judging me because I only believe in muffins?
Amy: Ha ha ha...I am response-less.

Steve: They were the Lords muffins, for the ninos.
Amy: Lol, The ninos needed salad...not muffins...
Steve: They got plenty of salad or something.
Steve: Plenty of carrots and celery in the fridge if you're hungry
Amy: Yeah, thanks.
Steve: Going back to work. Hopefully your muffin issues are resolved.

Amy: Fine. Let's change topics. The thermos does not go in the dishwasher...
Steve: Crimony...if you want a job done right...
Amy: Duck 'n dodge...




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Uh, hope it is clear that while I WAS unhappy the muffins were gone, most of my part of this conversation was tongue-in-cheek...sheesh